Child burned after e-cigarette explodes in car charger

fox13now.com

[ooyala code=”Ywaml0ZTq24ifZRhrVuko3cFGRBrLEjm” player_id=”3ce6404476914e86994d87aac3e4391b”]

A Mount Pleasant mom said an exploding e-cigarette set her son’s car seat on fire, leaving first- and second-degree burns on the 3-year-old’s body.

“Seeing your child on fire and hearing them scream ‘Help me!’ is pretty terrifying,” Kinzie Barlow said.

Barlow said she was driving in Provo with her son, Khonor, Friday when she noticed a strange smell.

“Then there was a big bang, and kind of a flash, and there’s smoke everywhere,” Barlow said.

Barlow said her e-cigarette had exploded in its charger, shooting out a white-hot copper coil that bounced off the ceiling and landed in her son’s car seat. She says the coil had burned through the fabric cover and melted the hard plastic, sending flames shooting up the little boy’s body.

“He was screaming and saying, ‘Mom, get me! Get me!”

Barlow said she tried smothering the fire with her shirt sleeve…

View original post 252 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s