Mother charged with abuse after catching daughter’s hair on fire

KFOR.com

HAILEYVILLE, Okla.- A 25-year-old woman is being charged with child abuse after she accidentally caught her daughter’s hair on fire.

Authorities say 25-year-old Shana Suggs doused her daughter’s head with gasoline as a treatment for head lice.

Police say the fumes from the gasoline were ignited by the hot water tank, which caught the little girl’s hair on fire.

Suggs’ boyfriend ran toward the bathroom when he heard screaming and found both of them on fire.

Suggs was treated for burns on her forearms, hands and right foot.

The girl suffered second and third-degree burns over 60 percent of her body.

Suggs is being charged with child abuse by injury.

She remains in jail on a $25,000 bail.

View original post

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s